From Project Gutenberg, the very first producer of free ebooks.
Some of the Latest Books
Project Gutenberg offers overheen 56,000 free eBooks: Choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. You will find the world’s good literature here, especially older works for which copyright has expired. Wij digitized and diligently proofread them with the help of thousands of volunteers.
No toverfee or registration is required. If you find Project Gutenberg useful, please consider a puny donation, to help Project Gutenberg digitize more books, maintain our online presence, and improve Project Gutenberg programs and offerings. Other ways to help include digitizing more books, recording audio books, or reporting errors.
Project Gutenberg Supports Televisiekanaal Neutrality
The Federal Communications Commission made a ruling to abandon major components of network neutrality. This legalizes “slow lanes” for network traffic that does not come from commercial vrouwen of network providers. Sites where content is free, and generates no revenue – such spil Project Gutenberg – are at risk for downgraded speeds, access fees imposed by network providers, or ads embedded by network providers. Wij encourage Project Gutenberg readers to voeling their US lawmaker to express views on this significant punt.
The Public Domain will grow again ter 2019
Te the US, annual copyright term expiry is set to start again ter 2019, after a 20-year hiatus due to the Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998. On January 1, 2019, items published te 1923 will come in the public domain ter the US. Ter the early days of Project Gutenberg, growth of the public domain on January 1 wasgoed an annual event. See Duke Law’s “Public Domain Day”for a listing of many items that were scheduled to come in the public domain, but have yet to do so because of the 1998 extension. Some notable items scheduled to come in the public domain ter 2019 include Felix Salten’s “Bambi” and Kahlil Gibran’s “The Prophet.”
- Book Search.
- Recently added eBooks.
- Most Frequently Downloaded eBooks and Top 100 eBooks this month.
- Bookshelves of related eBooks.
- Fresh Books Feeds.
- Browse Catalog: Browse and search, including full-text search.
- Offline Catalogs: handy book Listings to raadpleging offline.
- Visit self.gutenberg.org, for free eBooks by contemporary authors.
Help and Information
- Mobile Reader Devices How-To: Using Kindle, Nook, cell phone, and other mobile devices and readers.
- How-To and FAQs: Te depth information about many topics.
How to Help
- Report errors, bugs, typos (or, see detailed information about errata reporting)
- Distributed Proofreaders. Getting embarked is effortless, and just a pagina a day will help!
- LibriVox. Help record audio books.
- Help to promote Project Gutenberg
- About Us: About Project Gutenberg.
- No Cost or Freedom? What does ‘free eBook’ mean?
- Permissions, licensing and trademark information.
- Linking Readme: Linking to Project Gutenberg.
- Robot Readme: Downloading many items at once.
- Donate: Donating to Project Gutenberg.
- News and Newsletters: (Outer) News and information about Project Gutenberg.
- Vrouwen, Affiliates and Resources.
Our eBooks may be loosely used te the United States because most are not protected by U.S. copyright law, usually because their copyrights have expired. They may not be free of copyright ter other countries. Readers outside of the United States vereiste check the copyright terms of their countries before downloading or redistributing our eBooks. Wij also have a number of copyrighted titles, for which the copyright holder has given permission for unlimited non-commercial worldwide use.
The Project Gutenberg webstek is for human users only. Any real or perceived use of automated instruments to access our webpagina will result ter a block of your IP address. This webpagina utilizes cookies, captchas and related technologies to help assure the webpagina is maximally available for human users only.