Abstral addictions are worst! They not only develop dependency, rather, they also dispose you to fatal medical conditions. If you are using this drug for your disease, you need to be very careful!
Here we have outlined the basic information about Abstral and how its misuse can lead to its addiction:
What Is Abstral? How Do You Develop Its Addiction?
Abstral is a medicine that is used sublingually for the treatment of pain. It contains fentanyl, an opioid that releases endorphins; a hormone responsible for the reduction of pain and boost pleasure. If used in higher doses and frequency, it can lead to its dependency and hence, addiction.
What Happens In Abstral Addiction?
If you are thinking of taking even a single overdose for just one time, then stop! Because you can become addicted to it far before you realize. While a health care professional can guide you better, the following things occur in a person with abstral addiction:
- You Crave Its Dose: All psychostimulatory drug, which stimulates the brain can easily develop dependency in the user. Benzodiazepines, Opioids and barbiturates are some of the examples. Dependency happens when you cannot live without the drug and on withdrawal, experience symptoms like vomiting, dizziness, depression and fatigue.
Abstral is one of such medicines and if misused, can lead to dependency.
- You Don’t Feel Its Side Effects: Abstral is associated with a wide range of side effects including drowsiness, nausea, constipation, confusions, delusion and even white patches in your mouth. However, when once you become addicted to it, you will stop feeling its side effects. You will start over dosing yourself with the drug and getting used to its adverse symptoms.
- You Stop Getting Socialized: Another very common thing that occurs in abstral addiction is that you stop going in social or family events. You stay alone and use abstral for seeking pleasure. Your relationship with your loved ones change. You stop talking to people and may even experience loss of libido.
- You Develop Medical Problems: The drug, when consumed in higher doses can lead to adverse abstral addiction signs like:
- Respiratory distress and thoracic disorders
- Skin rash, irritation and subcutaneous effects.
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Cardiac issues
Abstral is not free of its side effects. Hence you should always use it as per doctor’s instructions and report immediately if you experience any of the above signs.